Sunday 7 February 2016

Phill Martin's new dies - love them

Hello bloggers,

Today's card was made to showcase Phill Martin's new products, a set of From the Heart sentiment dies, (and relations so you can personalise you cards, more of those in future blogs).

They cut out really easily, remember to emboss them before removing them from the die. Anyhow here's today's card

I've left the background quite plain to feature the quality of the die.

Shopping List

8x8 card blank
Blue Dusk foundation card stock
White card
Phill Martin's - on your special day die
Sue Wilson's ornate pierced noble dies
Sue Wilson's complete camellia die
Creative expressions embossing folder- star swirls
Blue seam binding ribbon  to match 
Iced snow glitter jewels
Small gems
Twinkles - star dust.

I cut a layer of blue card slightly smaller than the card blank and layered it on to the card blank.
I then cut a piece of white card again slightly smaller than the blue one and using the pierced noble    Die cut an aperture towards the top in the middle. I then removed the die cut and embossed the remaining card with the embossing folder. I then stuck this to the card.

Using the die cut piece, I took the next die from the set and cut the fancy edging out. This piece was then put back in the hole mounted with some foam tape. I then cut the smaller plain die to use to mount the topper on. 

I cut amd embossed the sentiment using the blue card and glued it onto the die cut, I then mounted this onto the card, again using mounting foam.

To finish I cut a piece of white card, the same width as the embossed section and slightly wider than the ribbon and wrapped a piece of the ribbon around it securing it at the back with some glue. I stuck this to the card and then added a triple bow and some extra tails to the centre.




The flower was made by shaping some of,the different sized camellia dies, layering them together and adding some iced snow to add a bit of sparkle. When dry this was glued into the centre of the bow.




To finish I added some small gems to the open hearts in the sentiment and to the top corners of the card. I then added some star dust twinkles to edge the sentiment.

I really enjoyed making this card and highly recommended Phills new dies.

Happy creating and crafting

Love Alison 




No comments:

Post a Comment